Funding entity European Commission
Participated by Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft zur Förderung der angewandten Forschung e.V, EDP Distribuição Energia S.A, RWTH Aachen University, UBITECH Energy SPRL, Vlaamse Instelling voor Technologisch Onderzoek, Engineering- Ingegneria Informatica S.p.A, European Dynamics Luxembourg SA, Empower IM Oy, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, Sistemski operater prenosnega elektroenergetskega omrežja, European University Institute, European Distribution System Operators for Smart Grids, European Network of Transmission system Operators for Electricity AISBL, AS Augsprieguma t?kls, Elektrilevi OÜ, Elenia Oy, Elering AS, Energijos skirstymo operatorius AB, Fingrid Oyj
OneNet addresses the growing needs of TSOs and DSOs to have real-time insight into the operation of
their networks to work in a closely coordinated way, while unlocking and enabling new flexibility markets in a fair and open way. Goal is to enable a cost-effective, seamless and secure bidirectional power flow to and from network customers as active players while supporting grid operators in their system responsibilities.
The challenges that OneNet addresses are:
• The need to unlock markets of flexibility at every level to address all the possible needs of network operators
• The need to effectively support both TSOs and DSOs system-level operation through providing flexibility for ‘frequency balancing’ and ‘non-frequency’ ancillary services among others
• The need for TSOs and DSOs to secure power supplies in the context of ever-increasing RES penetration, decreasing network outages,
• The need for TSOs and DSOs to gain near real-time insight into the operation of the networks and to can optimise them in near real-time, and
• The need for improved efficiency of grid reinforcements and stabilization of future costs of grid connection.
Comillas is leader of WP10– From OneNet demonstrators to EU wide implementation of coordinated
market schemes and interoperable platforms for standardized system products.